Photo

What are your favorite scenes in the Closer involving Andy?

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#21 rosiered

rosiered

Closer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, sudoku, plays, opera, some symphony music, drama TV, dance(jazz and tap)

I home school my grand kids and work as RN in Emergency dept.

And I LOVE TD!!!!!
    And I LOVE TD!!!!
    And I LOVE TD!!!!

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:02 PM

I hope all you who are so hopelessly smitten with Andy Flynn don't mind that I post my all-time favorite Flynn moment, because it's one of my favorite Brenda moments as well. It's from the final episode of Season One, Standards and Practices.

Yes, it is Flynn's notorious statement to Brenda at the very end. Brenda is surprised to learn that Lt. Flynn was prepared to resign on her behalf. And she comments to him, "Lt. Flynn, your resignation surprised me most of all. The whole time I've been here, you haven't said one complimentary thing about or to me." Flynn has a very slight grin when he looks up at Brenda and says, "Chief, [slight pause] you have really great legs." Then he places a toothpick back in his mouth, and gives her an I-dare-you-to-scold-me look. Brenda's expression says it all. She gives him a subtle you-naughty-boy smile. That scene is easily one of the hottest of all five seasons.

I really do believe that Flynn is secretly in love with Brenda, and that before the show ends, his very serious crush will manifest itself again.

I loved this episode and loved Andy's loyalty to Brenda. Loved his remark and his expression too! But, don't think he has a crush on her Tx! his crush is on me!!!!!!! :)
We climb and climb and at the top we fly
Let the world go on below us, we are lost in time
And I donʼt know really what it means
All I know is that Andy loves me, in my dreams

#22 abraxas

abraxas

Asst. Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • Interests:Vintage film (I'm a freak for Old Hollywood)<br /><br />Jazz music, classical music, sweet soul music... Most anykind of music.<br /><br />Hard-boiled fiction: show me a Raymond Chandler novel, I'll show you a happy dame.<br /><br />Turning almost any scenario into something from a Raymond Chandler novel.<br /><br />Trying to be happy.

Posted 31 August 2009 - 01:42 PM

I hope all you who are so hopelessly smitten with Andy Flynn don't mind that I post my all-time favorite Flynn moment, because it's one of my favorite Brenda moments as well. It's from the final episode of Season One, Standards and Practices.

Yes, it is Flynn's notorious statement to Brenda at the very end. Brenda is surprised to learn that Lt. Flynn was prepared to resign on her behalf. And she comments to him, "Lt. Flynn, your resignation surprised me most of all. The whole time I've been here, you haven't said one complimentary thing about or to me." Flynn has a very slight grin when he looks up at Brenda and says, "Chief, [slight pause] you have really great legs." Then he places a toothpick back in his mouth, and gives her an I-dare-you-to-scold-me look. Brenda's expression says it all. She gives him a subtle you-naughty-boy smile. That scene is easily one of the hottest of all five seasons.

I really do believe that Flynn is secretly in love with Brenda, and that before the show ends, his very serious crush will manifest itself again.

I love that scene! It's the little smile he gives her when he's finished that does it for me... And she is trying hard not to look amused. I think she learnt how to translate Flynn-speak in that scene.

I would love to see his latent love come to the fore again - just to keep the shipper in me happy... *sighs*

Must add to the fave scenes: Maternal Instincts

1. Expecting Brenda to be pleased that she was described as being in her early 30s, and looking a bit chagrined when she wasn't.

2. The blood-pressure checking in reaction to Provenza's announcement

3. Keeping an eye on Brenda while they were at the killer's house.

I think he 'gets' her more than the others do a lot of the time - I think they understand each other pretty well, they just dont make a big deal of it.

'If I wasn't hard, I wouldn't be alive. If I couldn't ever be gentle, I wouldn't deserve to be alive.'

#23 FlynnFanChicago

FlynnFanChicago

Deputy Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:17 PM

Again, not that we actually see it, but I love the fact that he gives all the low-down on Brenda's love-life to Claire. A subtle form of revenge for sticking him with the psychic, perhaps?

Sounds like it to me. Who could blame him? LOL. I thought it was hilarious that Brenda assumed Claire got all the scoop (her backstory, etc.) from Fritz, but it turned out Flynn was the one who spilled the beans. Priceless.

(And is it just me, or did Claire seem quite taken with our handsome lieutenant?)

No, it's not just you. I noticed that as well (especially the way she jumped on him after she caught Brenda's bouquet ~ did you see the expession on his face? ~ too funny)! However, I really don't think the feeling was mutual (thank goodness)! Oh, I just remembered something else ~ when Brenda stuck poor Flynn with Claire for the day, Provenza told him, "I have a bad feeling about this." :)

Tx, loved your entire post and totally agree with you about that scene in "Standards and Practices." I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time you've commented about Flynn being in love with Brenda, right? I am not entirely sure if I have noticed a spark. OK, maybe I have (or was it just wishful thinking? :) ). They have their moments *sighs*. Which reminds me ~ abraxas, I must read your fanfic ASAP. I haven't had time yet, but I am very curious.

Edited by FlynnFanChicago, 01 September 2009 - 01:19 PM.

Posted Image

#24 abraxas

abraxas

Asst. Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • Interests:Vintage film (I'm a freak for Old Hollywood)<br /><br />Jazz music, classical music, sweet soul music... Most anykind of music.<br /><br />Hard-boiled fiction: show me a Raymond Chandler novel, I'll show you a happy dame.<br /><br />Turning almost any scenario into something from a Raymond Chandler novel.<br /><br />Trying to be happy.

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:18 AM

Sounds like it to me. Who could blame him? LOL. I thought it was hilarious that Brenda assumed Claire got all the scoop (her backstory, etc.) from Fritz, but it turned out Flynn was the one who spilled the beans. Priceless.

No, it's not just you. I noticed that as well (especially the way she jumped on him after she caught Brenda's bouquet ~ did you see the expession on his face? ~ too funny)! However, I really don't think the feeling was mutual (thank goodness)! Oh, I just remembered something else ~ when Brenda stuck poor Flynn with Claire for the day, Provenza told him, "I have a bad feeling about this." :brenda:

Maybe that could be Brenda's way of keeping control of him if he annoys her, 'Oh by the way, Lieutanant, Claire's back in town...'
Wouldn't see him again for the rest of the day. :vampire:

The look on his face was priceless: sort of frozen horror but still trying to smile.

'If I wasn't hard, I wouldn't be alive. If I couldn't ever be gentle, I wouldn't deserve to be alive.'

#25 FlynnFanChicago

FlynnFanChicago

Deputy Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:18 PM

The look on his face was priceless: sort of frozen horror but still trying to smile.

Oh, I loved that look! Didn't he say something to Brenda when she suggested he take Claire with him? I can't remember now, but it was funny. One of the things I admire about Tony as an actor is that he can do drama and comedy equally well.
Posted Image

#26 abraxas

abraxas

Asst. Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:59 PM

Oh, I loved that look! Didn't he say something to Brenda when she suggested he take Claire with him? I can't remember now, but it was funny. One of the things I admire about Tony as an actor is that he can do drama and comedy equally well.

*nods* He certainly can!

The scene in (I think) Livewire where he's 'using my head as an antennae'. Which was hilarious (and it worked, too!)

But I have trouble imagining Flynn at home surfing the net for bizarre advice on electrical devices, so figure that during a slow day at work Tao set him up on the Police!Talk! Forum and he picked up some handy hints on a message board.

And I have thought about this too much.

#27 FlynnFanChicago

FlynnFanChicago

Deputy Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 01:42 PM

*nods* He certainly can!

The scene in (I think) Livewire where he's 'using my head as an antennae'. Which was hilarious (and it worked, too!)

But I have trouble imagining Flynn at home surfing the net for bizarre advice on electrical devices, so figure that during a slow day at work Tao set him up on the Police!Talk! Forum and he picked up some handy hints on a message board.

And I have thought about this too much.

I loved that scene from Live Wire too. On the gag reel for season four, it makes me laugh how many times Tony and G.W. messed up their lines in that parking garage. :thumbsup:

I also agree with you about Tao getting Flynn into the message boards. That's so funny, but it makes more sense. I can't picture Flynn surfing the net for that sort of thing either!
Posted Image

#28 abraxas

abraxas

Asst. Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:09 AM

Looking up baseball scores, yes; looking for 101 ways with a car remote control, not so much.

The whole of Speeed Bump. He owns that episode. And pretty much every facet of 'Why I Love Andy Flynn' is there: the wise-cracking cynic, the passionately dedicated officer, the good friend, and the all round good man that he is. *sighs*

#29 FlynnFanChicago

FlynnFanChicago

Deputy Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:03 PM

Looking up baseball scores, yes; looking for 101 ways with a car remote control, not so much.

The whole of Speeed Bump. He owns that episode. And pretty much every facet of 'Why I Love Andy Flynn' is there: the wise-cracking cynic, the passionately dedicated officer, the good friend, and the all round good man that he is. *sighs*

Oh, I love that episode too, for the exact same reasons you mentioned. He had some great lines. I also found him pitiful when he asked Brenda, "Can I please go back to being a suspect now?" Awwwww. Can I just say that I wanted to hug him there? I mean it. I felt sorry for him. Poor guy.

This reminds me, and maybe I am imagining things, but I could have sworn seeing a scene with Flynn in Brenda's office where she tells him, "You'd better have a really good alibi" (this was after he told her he had sent flowers and a card to the dead guy ~ I can't remember his name now). I'd have to go back and check my tapes from last season (I have it on DVD, but kept the tapes) and noticed her saying that to him on previews/commercials for the show, but it's not on the episode I have on tape or DVD. It never turned up on the police files/deleted scenes either, but it had to have existed at one point, otherwise, why the clip in commercials? :shootme:
Posted Image

#30 abraxas

abraxas

Asst. Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:46 PM

I know how you felt! (Admittedly, I feel like hugging him most of the time but usually not out of sympathy... *ahem*)

This reminds me, and maybe I am imagining things, but I could have sworn seeing a scene with Flynn in Brenda's office where she tells him, "You'd better have a really good alibi" (this was after he told her he had sent flowers and a card to the dead guy ~ I can't remember his name now). I'd have to go back and check my tapes from last season (I have it on DVD, but kept the tapes) and noticed her saying that to him on previews/commercials for the show, but it's not on the episode I have on tape or DVD. It never turned up on the police files/deleted scenes either, but it had to have existed at one point, otherwise, why the clip in commercials?

Interesting. It may have been left out altogether because (and it's one of the things I really love about the whole Brenda/Flynn interaction in this episode) aside from being mad at him for doing something so stupid, she doesn't seem to suspect him, even for a second, of having been involved in the murder. Talking about alibis would have undermined it, perhaps.

On a side note, I loved Provenza's futile attempts to deflect her from the flowers. But then ruined it by ratting Flynn out about the card. Bad Brownie Points there.

#31 abraxas

abraxas

Asst. Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:40 PM

Oh, another fave:

The opening sequence of 'Junk in the Trunk' when he's on the phone to Brenda and giving the list of possible ways in which the corpse may have met his end while watching the mayhem unfold. And the classic Flynnism:

'There's just so much of this guy that you can't see. He's like an iceberg!' :angelnot:

#32 FlynnFanChicago

FlynnFanChicago

Deputy Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:54 PM

Oh, another fave:

The opening sequence of 'Junk in the Trunk' when he's on the phone to Brenda and giving the list of possible ways in which the corpse may have met his end while watching the mayhem unfold. And the classic Flynnism:

'There's just so much of this guy that you can't see. He's like an iceberg!' :nutella1:

That was great! The entire opening sequence cracked me up.

I am really missing the show now. Pretty soon I think I'll be getting out the DVD's again. I need my Closer (and Flynn!) fix.
Posted Image

#33 abraxas

abraxas

Asst. Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:02 AM

The opening of 'Fate Line':

I love the general looks of disgust as the squad is listening to Sam's story of discovering the cell phone. But especially when Flynn tells him to shut up - and the poor kid looks petrified of him *grins* (Me? I think he looks hot.)

That followed by Flynn and Brenda in her office with their heads squished together, and the fact that all it takes is for him to say his instincts are telling him it's serious for her to drop everything and start investigating (aw!); then the way he says, 'Come with me and I'll fix it so we can all read it together' - like she's about six. I thought he was going to lead her by the hand (okay, I wish he HAD). Then the little dance they do at her desk when they both try to let the other one go past first.

And all that is just feeding into the Brenda/Flynn luuurve.... :girlgiggle:

#34 FlynnFanChicago

FlynnFanChicago

Deputy Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:38 PM

I LOVE the opening of Fate Line too. It is soooo great! I love me some cranky Flynn, lol. Which reminds me ~ so cool you added that footage to your latest Andy Flynn vid. :girlgiggle:
Posted Image

#35 abraxas

abraxas

Asst. Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 01:56 PM

Cranky!Flynn is pretty damn sexy.

Okay, I think we've established that 'sexy' is his default setting; so, that above statement is superfluous, but DAMN!

'Fate Line' as a whole is hilarious. Wouldn't you love to have been a fly on the wall during Flynn's convo with Claire? it sounds like a doozy...

I really did have to put that clip in the vid, didn't I. Would have been rude not too... :girlgiggle:

#36 FlynnFanChicago

FlynnFanChicago

Deputy Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:36 PM

Fate Line was such a good episode. So many funny moments. Oh yeah, I would have loved to be a fly on the wall during Flynn's convo with Claire. Can you imagine??? Too bad they didn't have some deleted footage of that they could have put on the DVD's. I loved the gag reel for season four. Lots of Flynn stuff. Now I'm in the mood to watch season four, but I am currently watching season one so I'd better learn some patience, lol.
Posted Image

#37 abraxas

abraxas

Asst. Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:17 AM

We're on season 4 at the moment, so it's nice to recap. Last episode shown was 'Dial M for Provenza', which I just love. The opening is brilliant (is it just me or does Angie look like the kind of girl you'd imagine Provenza dating? Instead of Lauren?); I love them breaking the news to Brenda and trying to put a positive spin on it; and I cant remember exactly a scene, but they're all in the communications room watching an interview and Buzz (I think makes some remark), Flynn responds 'Can we lose the commentary?' - ironic given that that's usually his job, but he's standing up for his best buddy. Sweet.

Oh yeah, I would have loved to be a fly on the wall during Flynn's convo with Claire. Can you imagine???

Do you think that Claire tried to flirt with him by complimenting him on his aura?

#38 FlynnFanChicago

FlynnFanChicago

Deputy Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 02:35 PM

"Dial M" is one of my favorites. It's just too funny! After it aired for the first time, I had lunch with my mom and told her some of the highlights. We were laughing so hard. When I got to part about Provenza storming into Brenda's office and swiping that framed picture of her mother, without saying a word, and then Brenda's comment to Pope afterward, we both started laughing so hard we were in tears and the manager walked over to see if we were OK, lol. He probably thought we were drunk, but we only having iced tea, I swear! = ) I don't know ~ sometimes The Closer is just hilarious.

The opening is brilliant (is it just me or does Angie look like the kind of girl you'd imagine Provenza dating? Instead of Lauren?);

Oh totally. You're so right.

I love them breaking the news to Brenda and trying to put a positive spin on it;

Do you mean the scene where Flynn says, "With a little finesse, Angie could confess?" :coolgirl:

So many great moments in this one....
Posted Image

#39 abraxas

abraxas

Asst. Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 01:33 PM

Do you mean the scene where Flynn says, "With a little finesse, Angie could confess?" :love1:

So many great moments in this one....

*rolls* Yup, that would be the one! Flynn is a poet, too! (Just don't ask him to do a eulogy... :coolgirl: )

#40 rosiered

rosiered

Closer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, sudoku, plays, opera, some symphony music, drama TV, dance(jazz and tap)

I home school my grand kids and work as RN in Emergency dept.

And I LOVE TD!!!!!
    And I LOVE TD!!!!
    And I LOVE TD!!!!

Posted 04 October 2009 - 10:51 PM

*rolls* Yup, that would be the one! Flynn is a poet, too! (Just don't ask him to do a eulogy... :pounce: )

I love his eulogies!!!!! Don't know if the family would though :highfive: :blink: :buddies:

Edited by rosiered, 04 October 2009 - 10:52 PM.

We climb and climb and at the top we fly
Let the world go on below us, we are lost in time
And I donʼt know really what it means
All I know is that Andy loves me, in my dreams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users